Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chinese food and legs

I have done really well with the meal plan of this program (which, to be perfectly honest, is a welcome surprise for me).

And it sucks.

I went to the coast with out of town family and ate a salad out of tubberware while every one else had local seafood.

Same family sat around a table of Chinese food last night while I sipped water.

Our society bonds over food, and it suuuuuucks to have to sit on the sidelines. It isn't 100% about missing out on the food itself (....that's part of it. Beer battered calamari? Sesame chicken? GAH!), but it feels rude and outcasty to have to refuse food that someone is offering you.

At this point, I feel that when this is over I'll be SO glad to be able to participate with those around me. On the same hand though, I also sit back and recognize how much of that food I would be shoveling in my face, and I think I'll be much wiser about portion control and moderation and all that crap when I'm finished with this.

Moving on!

I got back from my leg workout yesterday, collapsed on the couch, butt twitching. Holy hell. I've wanted to post some workout-y stuff on here (Duh. Workout blog.) but, like I've mentioned before, I also want to respect my trainer's profession and don't want to give away all her secrets for free on the interwebz! I think a fair compromise is to post just the exercises, but not any of the numbers. Most stuff is done with supersets. One set of the first exercise immediately followed by a set of the second (etc), THEN rest. Superset = /

Leg Press/pop squats (plyos. Near barf at the end of just about every set)

Weighted step ups on a bench/lunge (oh hello, quivering cramping ass!)

Butt press/lateral jump/wide stance squat jump (Do I have Heidi Klum's butt YET?!)

Standing calf raise/seated calf raise (I have cows, not calves, so when they cramp up the world ENDS)

I worked my ass off. Literally. There were times when I felt like I was kind of actually drunk!! It went beyond hurting to sorta numb and I almost felt disconnected from my body. I have a hard time focusing on high rep work, so I think it was a good thing. I just tuned out and kept pushing. Not so tuned out, though, that I wasn't paying attention to form. No need for silly injuries!

Anyway, it's nice to be working hard again. It's been a while. I like having a trainer to hold me accountable for my workouts and diet. This is a huge challenge for me and I'm diggin it!

Week 2 check in:

Total weight: -4 lbs
Total inches: -4.5 inches


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the social aspect of what you eat. *sigh*

    Also - way to go, you! Amazing progress!

    ReplyDelete