Monday, February 6, 2012

Back to Black

I asked Abby what my rules were for coffee and tea, and she told me "in moderation" and mentioned that I was allowed up to to 2 packets of Splenda a day.

Artificial sweeteners.

Barf.

I assumed that meant no half and half. I don't put much in my coffee, but a dollop of creamer and about a half tsp of sugar do just the trick.

I want to stick to her rules as closely as I can, so I figured I'd just drink tea. I like that plain, and it has a little caffeine.

But tea isn't coffee, which I started to  miss.

I LIKE my coffee, not even just for the caffeine aspect! I thought I'd teach myself to like black coffee. I've tried before, but it's just so bitter and blech!! My boyfriend, LeGreg, bought some vanilla flavored coffee this weekend, which smelled amazing. Coffee never tastes just as it smells, though,  unfortunately.

Right when it hit my tongue, it was bitter city. Then it would mellow out. It was NOT enjoyable.

I should note that he bought a cheapy bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Cheap coffee doesn't always taste the best anyway, so maybe it was that.

This morning I put just the tiniest sprinkle of splenda in my black coffee at work and....SUCCESS!! It takes just the edge off the bitterness, leaving the coffee flavor that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment