Thursday, February 2, 2012

The beginning!

I received my meal plan and workouts on Tuesday. As check-ins are on Saturdays, I assume that I don't REALLY start until this Sat. This works out really well for me because my best friend is moving across the country this week. This is her last week at our job, and there are lots of celebratory food eating events to see her off.

This also gives me a chance to get familiar with the workouts and start following (mostly) the meal plan. 

The workouts are mostly mon-fri, a mix of machines, kettlebells, and free weights/barbell stuff. I was quite relieved to see that I only have one weekend workout, and it's a running sort of deal. This makes things MUCH less complicated when I'm visiting my boyfriend on the weekends. I was a little nervous about having to find a gym up there. 

My meal plan is 6 meals a day, most of which include a carb and a protein. I have some options, but I'll need to get creative! Free use of herbs/spices and lemons will have to come into play. I do get one cheat meal a week, which I will be fully taking advantage of!

Epic timing- I was gifted a Costco card on the same day I got my meal plan. I now own more oatmeal than I will probably ever eat in my entire life. 

I saw a need for change, and I took the step to hire someone to help me with it, knowing that I'm in a rut and wasn't much help to myself

I really want to be successful. 

And I will be. 

My goal is to focus on every DAY. Don't worry about how I have 5 days until I get another cheat meal (or whatever). Just focus on successfully getting through the current day and leave tomorrow til tomorrow. 

Also-I won't be documenting every meal or workout. It isn't fair to my trainer if I put all of her hard work on the internet for all to find for free. This is something that she does for a living, and I fully plan to respect that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment