Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Month 1 Check-In!

Weight: -6 lbs
Inches: -6.2 lbs

(Interesting that my weight lost and inches lost have almost exactly mirrored each other every week!)

Nothing changed much at my week 3 check-in, which was a little discouraging. How was I plateauing already?? Abby assured me that sometimes that just happens. She said that she's had weeks when she eats great and kicks ass in the gym and no numbers change. That made me feel a little better. 

My one month check-in was good, though. I dropped below a mile-marker weight that I haven't been below for a while, so that felt pretty awesome. 

Last weekend I went to Ohio to visit a friend. I didn't eat great, but I didn't go crazy, either. I feel ok about that. I decided not to feel guilty about enjoying my friend and a new city and some of the treats it has to offer. I also decided that I wouldnt use it as an excuse to go completely nuts and shove crap in my face all weekend. There a happy and tasty middle ground. The key, which I knew I was safe with, was coming back home and getting right back to work. I will admit that I feel better when I eat better (shocking, right?). I came home late Sunday night and immediately jumped back on my program.

I was excited to hear that Abby had changed my meal plan just a tad. A few more calories and a couple more options. After eating the same thing every day for a month, any little change is welcome! I also got new cardio assignments for the first time since the beginning. Cardio with squats and lunges mixed in. She is literally kicking my ass!

While I send front/back/side pictures to Abby every week, I didn't really look at them closely until the one month mark. I didn't want to obsess over and stare at them every week. If I didn't see a change, it would discourage me, and week by week there probably isn't a lot to see anyway. At this week's check-in, I allowed myself to look at the difference between the start and one month. It was nothing earth shattering. In fact, the only real difference that I could see was that my waist is smaller. I'll take it! These things take time and I understand that. The numbers are going in the direction that they're supposed to and I feel great being back in the gym again. That was my main goal, to feel better. I think I'm right on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment