Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lunch Woes

On Day 6 of my meal plan, I'm happy to say that I haven't cheated one little bit. It's mostly decent enough, and I eat every 3 hours, so I don't really get a chance to get hungry enough to want to snack.

But lunch.

I choke down lunch every day, because I haven't been able to figure out how to sufficiently make it not gag-worthy.

My options are:

tuna or chicken
bread or grains (rice, quinoa, etc)
almonds or mayo
and a large garden salad with no dressing.

(NO DRESSING. I usually just use balsamic vinegar, but PLAIN?! Blech)

I usually take my choices and toss them all in to make one big salad. It's still far from enjoyable. The mayo I'm allowed isn't quite enough to wet the tuna, and I can't seem to make my chicken so it isn't as dry as the damn Sahara.

I'm allowed lemon and spices, so I made a lemon garlic aoili with the mayo and use that as a dressing. It's a small enough amount of mayo that it just barely wets the dish. It's far from mayo-y (I never had mayo prior to this).

I need to put my thinking cap on and get creative, within my parameters, so my lunches don't suck quite so much....suggestions?

(guess which meal I'm 100% likely to use my cheat meal on? Romantic dinner? Hell no. LUNCH. Every time. )

On the workout front, I'm sore as helllllll!!! But that's to be expected. I'm surprised at how weak I am at some stuff, but I have to remind myself that I need to just suck it up, scale it back, and work to my current capabilities. It will get better, and I will get stronger.

I'm trying to only get on my scale once a week, for my progress reports to Abby, so I'm interested to see what it says on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment