Thursday, May 5, 2011

5/5/11

Max:

Squat (155#)
Press (70#, barbell)
Deadlift (195#)

Deadlift went up 20# since last time!!! HELL YES!! Last time felt like a true max. This time it followed a squat max, so I'm hoping my TRUE max is at least 200#. My true true max deads feel like a long slow grind. The 195# was REALLY heavy, but it moved pretty smoothly. I was so wiped out by that point, though, that I opted to stop there rather than risk hurting myself. Super stoked, though!

Squat...ehhh...I havent really been doing man heavy squats so it doesn't really surprise me, but I'll be happy when that number starts going up, too.

I'm not actually sure if the press was supposed to be shoulder or bench. I went shoulder. I think they usually say bench press if it's bench press. I think. I was happy with that number, though, too!

One thing that I noticed: When I was in my heavy lifting hayday, my back was my weak spot. If I failed at a lift, it was because my back wasn't strong enough. It sort of plateaued and put a cap on my strength back then. During this workout, my back felt fine. It was my legs that felt like the cause of the cap. I like that because I know that it means that I have plenty of strength to gain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment