Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5/9/11

LG Crossfit!

Workout:
Back Squat
10×1 @ 80-85% 1RM (125#)
Then:
AMRAP in 12 minutes (as many rounds as possible)
20 Walking Lunges 90/50# (load however you like) (I held a 35# plate)
5 Hang Power Cleans 155/100# (75#)
3 Muscle Ups (sub hanging pull and bench dip)

The squats felt pretty good! After my less than ideal squat max the other day, I'm more than happy to be working on it. I timed 1:30 between reps with my Gymboss because I was under a time constraint and didn't want to sit around forever OR go too fast and peter out at the end. Felt like a good rest period for me.

The AMRAP workout kicked my ass sufficiently. I can't do muscle-ups and the logistics of being in a big gym don't allow any decent versions of it for me. The hang under a bar with your feet out front (like a reverse push up) mixed with a bench dip is WAY too easy for a sub, but it is what it is! While they were tough, I think I need to step up my oly lifting weights. Finally! I probably could have gone 10# heavier or so on my cleans. Easy to say now that I'm not in the middle of the workout :)

Overall, I dug it

No comments:

Post a Comment