Thursday, May 12, 2011

5/11/11

Oh man! Yesterday was my best friends birthday, and it was a toss up between working out THEN celebrating (I get off work 2.5 hrs before she does. Plenty of time) oooooor pre-celebrating THEN celebrating. Yesterday was a doozy at work, so some wine was sounding fantastic.

The listed Crossfit workout didn't look great for my gym for reasons I've said a billion times. I decided that I wanted to do a kettlebell snatch VO2Max  workout. It's fast and hard and I haven't really been doing a lot of kbs lately.

So it was a challenge to NOT veer off the road and go to the bank and Target instead of the gym. But I just kept thinking to myself that it's a CHOICE and I need to start CHOOSING the gym. Period.

Anyhoo, I did my 15 secs on, 15 secs off for 25 mins or 50 rounds. Holy balls. My hands are out of shape!! I felt one rip underneath the skin (ohai, blood blister) with about 10 rounds left. I switched it up with some alternating swings or single side swings to take a little pressure off my hands.

Overall, it was more laborious than I had hoped, but I think I'll start doing it more often to work on it.

aaaaaaand then I went and had sushi and one million sake bombs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment