Wednesday, April 13, 2011

4/13/11

I kinda blended some LG Crossfit stuff together today. I liked the strength part of yesterdays workout (the circuit part not so much because I'm a little scared of doing jerks in my gym). I liked the circuit part of today's workout, but couldn't remember what the strength part was. (just looked it up, there was no strength part...oops)

8 heavy reps, cleans (4x75#, 4x85#)




7 Rounds
1 Deadlift + 3 Handstand Pushups (I did pushups with my feet elevated on a bench)
1 Deadlift + 5 Pullups (C2B)
1 Deadlift + 7 Squats (I held a 25# weight)
Deadlift weight–80% 1RM (go heavy) (150 lbs)

Do each couplet of a 1 minute interval.  So, do 1 DL and 3 HSPU and then rest for the remainder of the minute.  On the minute, do 1 DL and 5 pullups and then rest for the remainder of the minute.  On the minute, do 1 DL and 7 squats and then rest for the remainder of the minute.  On the minute, do 1 DL and 3 HSPU and so on until 7 rounds have been completed (21 deadlifts).

The cleans felt pretty good. I was actually good about doing full squat cleans this time. I'm usually pretty quick to bail and do power cleans. Tsk tsk.

I think I accidentally did 85% max on my DL in the circuit. They felt REALLY heavy, but also really good. I felt like I was controlling the weight, even though it was hard. I thought it was going to be one of those "top of the minute" workouts where you have like 5 secs left before the next minute started. Not so! I had about 30 secs left on most rounds, so that was nice.

It felt heavy and hard, but gooooood!

(not only did I add an unnecessary strength lift in, but I just realized tha tI did 85% max on my DL. Cripes! Accidental overachiever)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment