Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4/11/11

LG Crossfit.


Workout:
Snatch Grip Deadlift
Work up to 1.15xSnatch 1RM
Then:
On the minute for 12 minutes:
3 Hang Squat Clean 135/85# (did hang cleans with 65#. Should have gone lower on the weight so I could do sq cleans)
5 Clapping Pushups
7 Russian Kettlebell Swings -as heavy as you can. (heaviest at the gym was a 16kg)

Ok I dont understand the first part, so I'm 99% sure I did it wrong. It seems to say to work up to 1 rep of 1.15x your snatch 1RM, doing snatch grip deadlift. That doesnt seem right, though, because you should be able to snatch grip DL WAY more than your snatch 1RM. Snatch grip DL'ing 85# seemed to be really light. Nothing about their workouts ever feel super light! Maybe I was supposed to do 15 reps of my snatch 1RM? Oh well...

The second part was good. I kinda cheated on the cleans (slap my wrists). I get scared being tired and throwing weight around. My brain knows I'm capable of it, but something (probably repressed memories of tearing my groin doing a max snatch and not being able to lift for a year after) holds me back. I think I'm slowly getting my confidence back, though. Just need to keep on keepin on.

No comments:

Post a Comment