Monday, March 21, 2011

3/21/12

I got today's workout here. I like that blog because I can usually do most of the stuff in a regular gym. Most of it.

A friend might come out from Texas to the Tough Mudder race. Shit looks INTENSE. I promised him that if he came out, I would do it with him. At this point? I would probably literally die. Not sure if it's going to happen yet, or not, but it was a kick in the pants to actually start working harder.

I've been working out, but it's been medium intensity and pretty uninspiring. Even for myself.

I was excited about this workout. Although I lightened the weight to 65# for both the clean and jerks and the squats, I knew that it would be challenging but doable. Having a timed workout would be a good starting point to compare future workouts to.

SO. I got underway.

5 rounds

5x clean and jerk
7x pushups
10x squats

I finished, only having felt like I was going to pass out or puke twice and missing a chunk of skin from my thumb, thanks to olympic lifting with a rough squat bar, and went to check my time. I forgot to hit start. EFF. I was super annoyed with myself, but glad that I pushed through the entire workout. It felt good and felt like a good starting point for getting back into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment