Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Savage Sunday

Back is a wee bit tweaked, so I'm taking it easy and am going to post a few favorites. I stole this one from Crossfit Jersey Shore (link to right) and it's my go-to when I'm being lazy and need a super fast, super ass kicking workout. My friend and I usually pull this one out on Sunday's (hence my super creative name for it), when we just want to sit around all day, but know that we need to get some work in.

As many rounds as possible (AMRAP) in 20 mins:

5 burpees (could sub squat jumps)
10 snatches on each side (I use a 12kb, she uses an 8)
15 mountain climbers on each side
20 swings (same size you snatch with, or one size up)

Simple enough, right? These AMRAP workouts are really as hard as you want to make it. If you really push yourself, you'll be in a heaving sweaty pile on the floor by the end. If you take it a bit slower (which sometimes is totally ok), it'll still work you, but not as much (uhh...obviously). And, really? 20 mins? Doesn't get much quicker than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment