Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Protein Powder Review

I drink a LOT of protein on this fun little diet. A lot. About 3x/day. A few years ago I trained for a competition and had up to 3 protein shakes a day and, by the end of it, the smell of chocolate Muscle Milk made me gag. I was a little worried, this go round, that the same thing would happen, especially since I wanted to save money by buying a big jug of it.

So far, I've been buying from Vitamin Shoppe. They have a good selection and free shipping over $25. PLUS, a cashback bonus from Ebates (if you shop online at all, for anything, you MUST sign up for Ebates! If you decide to sign up, let me know so I can give you my email as your reference and score $5 for myself).

My first purchase was Champion Nutrition Cookies and Cream protein.
Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Protein Stack Cookies & Cream, 5.0 Pound , Powder
After having this 3x/day for almost a month and a half, I still love it. It's SO good mixed with unsweetened almond milk. When just stirred in, it's a wee bit chunky. No chunks when I use a shaker, though.

For fear of getting sick of it and ruining a good thing, I just bought a jug of Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Natural Vanilla.

Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Natural Vanilla, 5.0 Pound , Powder
It's a little pricier, but I was drawn to the "natural" no artificial sweeteners or flavors part. Stevia might be "natural", but it's still a sugar substitute, and I think it tastes stronger than whatever chemical fake sugar that's in the cookies and cream powder. The plus side is that it dissolves really easily. Cookies and cream wins this battle, but I think it's good that I have a different flavor to throw into the mix sometimes, to mix things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment