Thursday, October 13, 2011

Inspired

I'm feeling very inspired.

I'm reading Born To Run. It's amazing and has sucked me in and makes me want to embrace a running lifestyle.

I'm inspired by my old college buddy, Doug. We used to work out all the time together in college and almost get kicked out of the gym all time (he was the only one there nutty enough to STAND on a physio-ball and do squats). We've kept in touch here and there through the years. I occasionally am reminded of his story and, while sad, is very moving and motivating. ONE day I'll be inspired enough by him to actually try out what he is the poster child for, TRX. One day.

Every time I consider getting back into regular kettlebelling, which is currently, I'm inspired by an old client, Heather (and faithful reader of this neglected blog! Hi, Heather!). I've trained a LOT of people and athletes. Few kicked more ass or worked as hard as she did. We haven't worked together in quite some time, but I still think about her badassness.

I need to draw on these inspirations and use them, rather than just think about them. It's time to really get my ass into gear.

The end :)

Now I'm off to my first post-race run.

1 comment:

  1. Heather! I accidentally deleted that comment!! (....if it was from you!) You'd think that after having a blog for 9 million years, I'd have this figured out by now. Apparently not! Sorry! And, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete