Sunday, October 16, 2011

10/16/11

With the half marathon done, I'm excited to get back in the gym and work on some strength....WHILE continuing to run. I don't want that to completely fall off this time like it did after my last half.

Back to my buddy, LG Crossfit!

Today's workout:

Workout:
Hang Squat Snatch
Find 1 RM. Then back off 15-20 pounds and do 3 doubles.
(I got to 65 lbs. Definitely not a true max but, as I've said before, I'm not comfortable failing at my gym, so it's hard to go too heavy. HeaviEST I've done in a while, though, so there's that!)


Then:
7 Rounds
5 KB Clean and Push Press (L/R)
7 KB Snatch (L/R)
10 KB Swings

(I did this with a 12kg in 14:20. I haven't done ANY real kbs in a while, so this felt pretty good)


I finished my workout with a 3 mile run. In converse. If barefoot (or close to) is truly the best thing for you, shouldn't no support Converse also be good? Thought I'd give it a try. It actually felt pretty good. It's amazing how much more you can feel about where you're placing pressure on  your feet when you don't have a bunch of cushion under them. Not sure I"ll run in them every time, but I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment