Thursday, October 28, 2010

Deadlift

Once again, I'm totally and completely bored with working out. It mostly has to do with the fact that I've lost a TON of strength in my upper body (I think it stems from not getting adjusted after I got rear ended, and my neck being all whacked out), and just being sorta discouraged about that. Half of me wants to pout and continue to work out once a week. The other, smarter, half say to stop being such a pussy, sack up, and start putting work in. I can't just will my strength back.

The other day I decided to test my deadlift max. For funsies. Yeeeeeah....it's 60lbs less than it used to be. Holy crap! I looked around and decided to give this a try. It's 6 weeks, so I'm hoping and praying that I actually stick to it. I'm pretty sure I will. I have a set beginning max, a set program, and a set goal of what I want my max to climb back to. Well, sorta. I'm actually more interested in how much I'll gain from this particular program. That's the part that I love about working out. It's a+b=c. Beginning max+program=end max. It's a challenge and a game.

I'll substitute some other exercises, included kettlebells, in there, and we'll see how it goes! Hopefully I'll remember to keep track of it on here, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment