Monday, October 22, 2012

Garage workouts

I have met A LOT of people through kettlebells.

I have met hundreds at each of the certification workshops I've attended, and have kept in touch with a few of them.

Last week, one of the dudes put a post up about the Strong Sundays he hosts out of his garage. Just a mish mosh of people, throwing some weight around.

I inquired, and thought I'd give it a try yesterday.

I figured that since I'll be out of town for the next 4 weekends, that would give me enough time to recover from the PTSD it was bound to induce.

You know The World's Strongest Man competitions? With the barrel throws and the deadlifts with the wheelbarrow thing and the walking with a car on your shoulders?

I LOVE IT.

Yesterday's entire workout was straight out of that.

It was horrible and awesome.





Stone loads with a 75 lb cement ball



Yoke walk with 285 lbs. TWO HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS. Can we TALK about how sore my shoulders and neck are today????

I don't have a pic of the farmer walk, which is walking while holding a barbell in each hand. The weight was REALLY heavy and my dumb wide hips paid the price. My hands and the bars kept slamming into them, and I had nice fat bruises on both sides a couple hours later.

I'll save you a picture of my translucent skin, but it looks something like this:



Anyhoo, I will for SURE be partaking in Strong Sundays in the future.

Back to my meathead roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment